Monday, October 30, 2006

Finished Object Sighting

Ok, they're not all finished, but here are the pics I promised:



This is the Fair Isle Bag from a back issue of Interweave Knit. It's the first Fair Isle project I attempted and I'm pretty proud of it. Technically, it's not finished because I still have to make the straps for it, but it's blocked and ready to go otherwise. The straps are braided and a bit hard to do by myself. I'll have to commandeer the manchild to help.

These are the fingerless mitts I finished awhile ago, made from Knit Picks Sock Garden and a very fine mohair (I can't find the label).





They are keeping my fingers toasty warm in my cold office. In honor of Socktoberfest, here are a pair of finished sock, (Knit Picks, Sock Garden)



and the socks in progress. The pattern is Victorian Diamonds, the yarn is Knit Picks Gloss, in pumpkin. I love the way these socks are turning out.



Lastly, here are four finished squares for my Lizard Ridge afghan. These are so much fun to make!



In progress are a booga bag, which is felting even now and this:



my Christmas Gnome, which, hopefully, will end up looking like this:



Making this gnome has been extremely challenging. First was getting hold of the pattern. It's from a British knitting magazine and is no longer available from them. The pattern hasn't been printed elsewhere so I tried to find a used copy of the magazine (ebay, getting more and more expensive and hard to find) but I finally found a woman who is selling the pattern on ebay. Of course, now I can't find the right yarn for the beard. It's Sirdar Foxy and I can't find it locally. The closest thing is Plymouth Foxy, but it's $28 a skein!! No way. I guess I'll have to order it online. Anyway, I'll post the photos when he's done.

And finally, a cute kitty pic. Kimi approves of the Lizard Ridge afghan, of course, she has a "thing" for wool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your fair isle bag looks gorgeous!
Lizard ridge looks great too, are you using the Kureyon for that or a different yarn?
-Secret Pal

Spinning Dervish said...

Thanks! I'm using the Kureyon. The goal is to use a different colorway for each square. It should only take me about four or five years at this rate! :)

Heather said...

i wanted the gnome pattern too. haven't found it.
my lys has sirdar foxy. so did tuesday morning. do yo have one near you?