Monday, August 07, 2006

Goin on a Pilgrimage

The titles are always the hardest for these things. Such pressure to be clever!!

I've been up to my eyebrows in work related stuff and ended up working most of weekend. Next year's plans and budgets must be finished tomorrow and I'm STILL pulling together way too many details.

The reason they have to be finished tomorrow is that on Wednesday I leave for a short business trip to Conneticut. I've already scoped out how to get to WEBS and my fingers are already itching to fondle all that yarn... I've never been to New England, so I'm looking forward to that too. I get into Bradley about 1:30 and don't have to be anywhere until 8:30 the next morning, so I can spend all afternoon at WEBS. And they're even in the middle of their big summer sale! Is that bliss or what? I'm so psyched.

Of course the manchild is not happy about my going away for four days. It's nice to be missed but I swear I can never predict how this wonderful 13 year old child of ours will react to much of anything these days. Thirteen is an interesting age...clingy and independent at the same time and you're never sure which one you're going to get.

What little knitting I did over the weekend involved VERY easy things like dishcloths and socks, things I didn't have to think about much. Even so, I finally gave up on a dishcloth I started last night after the second time I had to start over.

Still not doing much spinning because I have yet to get the Ashford to work right. Since I don't own it I'm a bit hesitant to whack the hell out of it, even though that's what the Ashford folks recommended. The center crank still refuses to budge. It's like the damn thing is just fused in there. It takes the force of an elephant to keep the wheel going for any length of time. I'm still saving my pennies and trying to decide between an Ashford Traveler and a Kromski Minstrel spinning wheel. I need to find a spinning board and ask what people think...

In the meantime, back to budgets.

No comments: