Thursday, August 03, 2006

I have gone to the dark side...

It seems mandatory these days to have your own blog if you are a knitter or a spinner. I am both so I guess I must. I am in great company and feel honored to be counted among the likes of The Yarn Harlot, Panopticon, and many others. I'm not a huge technocrat so I'm still in awe of these folks who are able to have all these cool sidebars, buttons and knick-knacks. Ah well, I'm always up for learning something new.

"On the needles" include a really complicated fair isle bag that came from an old issue of Knit magazine. IT'S TAKING FOREVER! But it's gorgeous so I guess it's worth it. I'm also knitting up some "Ballband Dishrags" or is it dishcloths? They're fun to play with and everyone likes to get them as gifts. "On the wheel" is not much at the moment. I'm a pretty new spinner but absolutely love it. I can't believe how much I love it. At the moment I'm trying to get a borrowed, 23 year old Ashford Traditional up and working. It's still a bit sticky in places and I haven't been able to get the darn thing apart to oil the crank. I dream of getting a new spinning wheel. Literally.

No comments: