Saturday, September 02, 2006

Glad that's done

Finished the first sanding and the second coat tonight. Geez, that's a lot of work! I have to say it's really beautiful though. I'm glad I decided to put on the second coat of stain, it darkened it a little more but it also has a really nice patina now. I'll give it another 24 hours to dry and then put it together. I can't wait to get spinning on it.

On another note, I finally figured out how to put a button on my blog and I'm psyched! How lame is that? I'm a novice when it comes to website speak. I can navigate my way around the web with the best, but when it comes to figuring out how to actually put together a website I'm clueless. But I do like figuring things out so it was fun to see the little button finally appear where I wanted it.

I think I'm going to join another swap. This one is more involved but it looks like a lot of fun and it goes longer than the spinning roving swap. Seems like a fun thing to keep me busy this fall/winter. So, I'm off to sign up for Secret Pal 9.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Hi! found your blog through the spinning roving swap, and had to comment, especially after reading your post about the weirdness of blogging. It's like talking to yourself. In public. Loud enough for everyone to hear. Takes a little getting used to...
I also have a Kromski Minstrel, and she spins like a dream... I'll watch to see how yours works for you!

Spinning Dervish said...

OMG, my first comment! Thanks, loribird, you're exactly right about the talking out loud in public (and don't most people kind of edge away from folks who are doing that?)

I read your blog too, even before you commented. Your photos are gorgeous. There's an autumn chill in the air here too, in the mornings, but I don't think we're quite down in the forties yet.